Monday, April 1, 2013

Quick Primitive Hang Tags

 
 
Sometimes you just need a quick little tag and if your a primitive kind of gal like me then these are super quick and very easy to make.
You will need some blank hang tags, string, permanent ink pad, stamps, gloves, spray bottle, and a dye mixture.
 

 
Lay out your tags on a surface you don't mind getting stained.  An old table cloth will do or a piece of fabric you don't mind getting stained.
 

You can mix together a strong mixture of coffee or tea add in some vanilla, cinnamon or whatever.
 
My mixture is walnut crystals, vanilla, and cinnamon.  I've had it mixed up for a long time and it still smells good.



Just start spraying as heavy as you like.
 

It is pretty splotchy but that is okay.
 

Flip them over  and you will repeat again on the other side.

 
I sprayed my ball of twine.  It doesn't soak all the way through but I get enough to do what tags I'm working on and it dries fairly quickly.
 

Here is one of the tags close up.  Wear those gloves you don't want your hands looking blotchy!
 

Crinkle up a few tags and try that for a slightly different look.

 
They flatten right out.  No need for an oven but if your in a hurry just place your tags on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.  Heat the oven to 200 degrees and bake for just a couple of minutes...don't leave unattended! 

 
Grab some of your stamps and ink pad once your tags are dry.

Stamp, stamp, stamp...add some of the string and there you go....super quick and easy!
 
Until We Meet Again....Ginger

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Great tutorial, I do have a box of tags and did a couple, should do them all this summer when I can work outside.

Debbie

cucki said...

Nice xxx

Wool garden said...

Thanks for the tutorial, I found some blank note cards,so I will cut them and stain them this way. Your so generous.

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Thank You foe the tutorial! I will have to try this!